What is it?
These hand-washing timers count down the 20 seconds required to zap COVID-19 when washing your hands with soapy water.
You turn it on by waving your hands in front (no touch); it counts down seconds after a short delay to let you get your hands in the soap + water. It has a red LED screen (shows yellow-orange in the photo because it’s super bright!). A clear cover lets you wipe the front surface clean if you should happen to touch it.
Some fine print: THIS IS NOT A HEALTH OR MEDICAL DEVICE. It’s just a timer!
BTW, these timers are not my invention–I designed these but can’t take credit for the idea!
These timers came in three sizes:
BIGGIE. Box is 7” wide, with 5” wide numbers. (Least bright)
NORMY. Box is 5” wide, with 2” wide numbers.
KAWAII. Box is 4” tall, with 1.25” wide chunky pixel screen. (Most bright)
Note that the BIGGIE-sized screen is dimmer, and is hard to read in direct sunlight.
- All included $10 donation to DC’s SOME (So Others May Eat)
- Needs ~1’ open space in front of it
- Can be countertop or wall mounted (fits on to 2 screws)
- Can be wiped clean to disinfect
- No settings or buttons, nothing to set up or configure
- Aluminum Hammond enclosure, painted 3d-printed plastic front panel with transparent cover
- Hand assembled in small quantity, using high quality parts
- Includes a 1-year warranty for parts and labor